- Developed with Java and the Android SDK.
- Multi-Tiered application design clearly decoupling the creation of Instagram API REST requests, caching, parsing API responses, downloading photos/videos and the User Interface.
- Heavy use of local caching both on the API responses and on the actual data requests (photos, videos and respective thumbnails).
- Custom download manager running on an Android Service, to allow queuing of download requests through the UI while simultaneously downloading.
- Application of modern Android design practices, like Action Bar, Fragments and Endless Scrolling.
- Unit tests developed for the most critical modules using JUnit, Mockito and Espresso.