Project for my 3D Programming university course, simulating a photographer on a hot savanna.
Walking freedom through the extense map and the ability to use a multi-lens camera to photograph the environment. It features an open terrain, water and camera simulations, fake HDR, heat-haze and depth-of-field effects.
- Developed with C++, GLSL and the OGRE3D rendering engine.
- My contributions:
- Height map based terrain.
- Large extension of grass, and trees, deployed using density and color maps. Far away trees use billboard impostors. Achieved with the Ogre3D add-on “PagedGeometry”, slightly tweaked.
- Small-scale moving water simulation with refraction and reflection, mixed using a Fresnel approximation.
- Character movement and sound effects.